- Welcome to Fly Fishing Devon run by
Stephens and Paul Kenyon
- We are qualified fly fishing
registered instructors and fishing guides
- The videos on this page describe how we
can help beginners, improvers and
experienced anglers enjoy the
wonderful fly fishing available on Dartmoor and South
Devon rivers and stillwaters
send us an
if you would like to arrange fly fishing instruction or a guided trip
more on instruction...
- Learning how to cast a fly can be difficult
can’t watch yourself while you cast to see what
you’re doing right or doing wrong.
- The best solution is to spend a few hours with
game angling instructor.
- We recommend beginners take their first lesson
stillwater that gives you an opportunity to catch a fish on a
- We provide suitable rods, reels, lines, flies
to select appropriate tackle for different types of fishing
- We will teach you how to perform roll and
shoot line to achieve distance.
- We can also teach you how to single and double
with awkward winds and cope with those “just out of
- We will introduce you to some of the bugs that
trout’s diet. And how to select a fly to “match the
- Hopefully you will then catch a fish so that we
how to play, land and safely release a fish
more on guiding...
- Over 50 years ago when the pace of life was
writer Dermot Wilson commented “In the West Country you can
catch trout from after breakfast till sunset, and enjoy the open
air and the country for as long as the sun is in the
- Devon is still blessed with mile after mile of
for wild brown trout, sea trout and salmon.
- A fly fishing guide can unlock the secrets of
wild fish in unspoilt surroundings.
- Many of the beats we use have benefited from
out by the Westcountry Rivers Trust to improve access for
- A guide can help you read a river and
parts of the river are more likely to hold larger fish.
- Westcountry trout are generally not fussy
sometimes the size of the fly does matter.
- Being able to recognize the insects that live
the bed of the rivers will give you confidence that you are using
the right type of fly.
- A roll cast is often the best way of delivering
you are faced with overhanging bankside vegetation.
- We can help you refine your casting techniques.
- If you understand what triggers a trout to take
then you will be able to choose an artificial fly with greater
- A guide will explain how a trout manages to
morsel of food being carried by the current down a fast flowing
- This will help you present your fly more
- We can help you plan your trip by offering
stay and suggesting places to eat after a day on the river.
- You probably prefer to use your own equipment.
want, we can lend you a rod, reel and line and supply flies and
tippet material at no extra cost. Please bring your Environment
Agency rod licence. We can supply you with Westcountry Angling
Passport permit tokens.
to top of page
Paul Kenyon 2008-2014